It’s springtime in Utah, and the real estate market is the best it’s been in several years. With record lows in home inventory, those that are priced well are seeing very competitive interest from buyers and are selling quickly. Multiple offers within the first few days on the market is becoming a common scenario as buyers are having to be aggressive in order to find homes. Many homeowners, who’ve been waiting for the housing market to recover, are now noticing and are considering listing their home. For many homeowners, it is a great time to sell. If you are considering selling your home this year, we recommend a few things that will get your home ready to sell, maximizing the value and making it the most presentable to buyers.
Things you want to do before you list your home
- Have a licensed Utah Home Deal real estate agent do a Competitive Market Analysis (CMA) to approximate value of home. Contact our residential expert Brett Wilde for more information.
- Identify areas of home which might need to be repaired, painted, or remodeled based on return of value based on agent recommendation.
- Complete all repairs, painting, and remodeling that is necessary.
- Remove items that can distract buyers eyes, such as:
- Extra pictures, clothing, books, and toys.
- Move any extra boxes to storage or another location if possible.
- Clean carpets.
- Mow lawn, prune hedges, and bushes. Plant flowers if needed.
- Clean garage.
Things to do while your home is listed
- Always keep home clean and in showing condition.
- Don’t allow dishes to gather.
- Keep beds made.
- Dust regularly.
- Spray a light air freshener every couple of days.
- Keep lawn and hedges trimmed.
- Keep windows clean.